Exhibition Installation and Derig Volunteer
Deadline 14 December 2018 at 10:00 am
We are looking for an Exhibition Installation and Derig Volunteer to support Dovecot’s Exhibition Curator in the smooth transition between gallery exhibitions. This role is for mid January 2019.
To apply please complete the attached application form and it email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Friday 14 December 2018. There will be an informal meeting at Dovecot the following week with the Exhibition Curator and Front of House Coordinator.
To support Dovecot’s Curator in the changeover of gallery exhibitions. Taking down and packing the previous exhibition, cleaning and preparing the gallery and installing the next exhibition.
This role will include some heavy lifting and art handling.
• Condition checking – all objects must be checked in and out
• Receiving deliveries
• Art handling and packing/unpacking
• Preparing displays and labels
• Proofreading all supporting documentation (labels, exhibition handouts etc)
• Any ad-hoc duties that may arise (painting, cleaning spaces etc)
Monday – Friday for one week (5 days in total)
10am – 5pm, including lunch break
There are 4 exhibitions a year and people only need to commit to one
• Excellent attention to detail
• Active and hands-on
• Follow instructions well and be conscientious
• Volunteers must be aged over 18
There will be a thorough art handling and Health & Safety training session with Dovecot’s Curator and Front of House Team.
Due to the number of applications we are likely to receive we are unable to respond to everyone who applies. If you have not heard from us you have not been successful on this occasion.
• A lanyard will be provided, please note comfortable clothes should be worn and sensible close-toed shoes
This Volunteer Role Description is open to review by Dovecot at any time Date 24/10/2018