Public Events and Workshops Volunteers
Deadline 25 February 2019 at 9:00 am
We are looking for Public Events and Workshops Volunteers, this role is for March 2019 onward.
To apply please complete the attached application form and it email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 25 February 2019. There will be an informal meeting at Dovecot the following week with the Dovecot’s Events Team and Front of House Coordinator.
Purpose of the role:
To support Dovecot’s Front of House and Event Teams with public events and workshops, including set-up and documentation.
Main duties and activities:
• Helping set up the event space for the talk by arranging tables and chairs as per instructions from the Events Team
• Assisting with audience flow into the event space
• Checking people in
• Taking photos of the event
• Collecting attendee feedback forms
Hours or day(s) Required:
Saturday(s) 10.30am – 4.30pm
We would ideally like people to commit to 1 shift a month, but can accommodate a different schedule. This will include a 30 minute lunch break.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
• Outgoing and happy to deal with the public
• Good customer service skills – friendly and patient
• Active and hands-on
• Volunteers must be aged over 18
An induction meeting (of maximum 2 hours) then shadowing a member of the Front of House Team before supporting an event themselves.
• A lanyard will be provided, please note smart-casual clothes should be worn and comfortable shoes.
Due to the number of applications we are likely to receive we are unable to respond to everyone who applies. If you have not heard from us you have not been successful on this occasion.
This Volunteer Role Description is open to review by Dovecot at any time Date 24/10/2018