Volunteer Tour Guides
Deadline 31 December 2019 at 12:00 am
We are looking for Volunteer Tour Guides, this role is for March 2019 onwards.
To apply please complete the attached application form and it email it to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 25 February 2019. There will be an informal meeting at Dovecot the following week with the Dovecot’s Events Team and Front of House Coordinator.
Main duties and activities:
• Deliver informative exhibition tours lasting around 30 minutes, currently tours are offered every Tuesday and Thursday lunchtimes at 1pm with a recommended 20 people maximum
• Greeting each visitor to Dovecot in a friendly and polite manner
• To be presentable and professional at all times.
• Follow Dovecot exhibition and gallery rules professionally and with courtesy
• Engage with visitors if they have questions about the exhibition
• Be vigilant of visitors in the building at all times
• Escort disabled visitors who are tour participants to different levels of the building via designated routes as required
• Volunteers need to arrive early to ensure that they are ready to start on time
Hours or day(s) Required:
30 minutes shift, minimum of twice monthly – although the rota is flexible.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
• A friendly, confident and professional manner
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to deal with all enquiries and situations with a professional and proactive attitude
• Comfortable working both individually and in a team and possess a flexible, can-do attitude
• A keen interest in museums, galleries, fine art and textiles is preferable
• Volunteers must be over 18 years old
An induction meeting (of maximum 2 hours) then shadowing a member of the Front of House Team during a tour before doing tours themselves.
Additional training is provided as exhibitions change through the year, including a walk-round from Dovecot’s Exhibitions Curator and Front of House Coordinator.
• A lanyard will be provided, please note smart-casual clothes should be worn and comfortable shoes.