Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all usage of the Dovecot Studios website. This website www.dovecotstudios.com is owned and operated by:
Dovecot Studios Ltd
10 Infirmary Street
VAT number 774 7891 66
Registered in Scotland, No. SC214852
Tel: 0131 550 3660
All products on this website are produced by the makers listed on our website and are available for purchase, subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully before placing your order. By visiting this website and making a purchase you agree to be bound to Dovecot Studios Terms and Conditions.
Dovecot Studios' on-line shop is operated by Stripe and these Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content. If for any reason part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable; the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice and any changes will apply to all subsequent orders. All purchases made by you, the customer, and accepted by us, Dovecot Studios is considered a purchase contract, which is governed by Scottish Law and any disputes between Dovecot Studios and you, the customer, shall be resolved exclusively in the courts of Scotland.
Establishing a Contract
1. All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
2. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
3. When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to purchase goods and you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your order has been received.
4. Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between yourself and Dovecot Studios.
5. We may choose not to accept your order; if we are unable to obtain authorisation for your order; if an item is out of stock or if we identify a product or pricing error. We will advise you of this and you will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract made between us.
6. The confirmation e-mail represents our legal acceptance of your offer to purchase our products and will state what the products are, the cost (including VAT and P&P), delivery and invoice details.
7. If we are unable to fulfil your order following acknowledgement of that order, we will contact you by email advising you of this.
8. Images of Dovecot products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Please note that certain items are handmade and might carry signs of tooling or assembly and are not defects.
9. Goods may vary slightly from the image provided on the website.
10. While we make every effort to display, as accurately as possible, the colours of our products on our website, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
11. In addition, all information provided by Dovecot will regularly be checked for accuracy and is provided in good faith.
12. Sizes and measurements are approximate to the nearest centimetre
1. Dovecot Studios will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data. We will never make your personal details available to other companies or parties for any purpose.
2. We do not store credit card details and are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected.
3. The personal information you provide will be used for the goods and services offered through our website for the sole purpose of billing and order fulfilment.
4. You warrant that the information given to us for your order is complete and accurate.
5. Dovecot Studios retains the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You are responsible for checking this page to ensure you are happy with these changes.
Purchase and Payment
1. You can use this website to place an order by selecting the product(s) you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed at any time. If you have an issue placing an order, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone + 44 (0) 131 550 3660.
2. All charges will be shown prior to placing your order and all prices indicated on our website are in Pounds Sterling, inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are exclusive of delivery charges. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered plus VAT and delivery charges as set out in the payment section of the website.
3. You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
4. We use secure payment facilities for online purchases and accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express. If you are shopping from outside the United Kingdom, your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency.
5. All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, your order will not be accepted and Dovecot Studios is not liable for any delay or non-delivery.
6. Once your order is complete, we will notify you of the dispatch date. Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays if you request an alteration before or after dispatch.
7. A receipt will be dispatched along with your order or sent separately to the bills address if this differs from the shipping address.
Postage Prices and Delivery
We deliver to countries worldwide. Please note that unfortunately, we are unable to deliver to PO or BFPO boxes as a signature is always required upon delivery. Dovecot Studios aims to dispatch your item within 3 business days and the approximate delivery timescales are as follows:
- 3-5 business days for UK
- 5-7 business days for Europe
- International delivery times vary, and are subject to customs and duty procedures beyond our control.
All deliveries are sent using Royal Mail and/or Parcelforce48.
UK postage is calculated by weight and size of the biggest item in your order and charges are within the pricing structure or Royal Mail.
FREE UK POSTAGE AND DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £100.00
All international deliveries are charged at a flat rate of £17.00 for EU countries and a flat rate of £25.00 for the rest of the world.
Terms of Postage
1. All deliveries from Dovecot Studios require a signature and we accept no responsibility if the signature is not that of the recipient, and will consider the package correctly delivered.
2. Dovecot Studios also is not liable if your purchase does not arrive. All shipments are insured up to the value of £100.00
3. If a parcel is lost or takes long to receive because the information provided to us was incorrect or incomplete, we cannot accept any liability.
4. Goods are delivered by Royal Mail and Parcelforce48 and may take longer around Christmas and other holiday periods where delivery might take longer. Please understand that a delay is possible, as no delivery service is infallible, and estimated delivery dates cannot always be guaranteed.
Duties and Taxes
5. You are liable for all duties or levies payable to any foreign port as a result of delivery of goods outside the United Kingdom. You shall not be entitled to cancel the order on the basis of unforeseen duties or levies.
6. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country, so we urge you to contact your local customs office for further information.
7. Please be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to inspection by customs and can delay the arrival of your package.
Providing the order has not been dispatched, you can cancel the order by emailing: email@example.com, Monday-Saturday 09:00-17:30 pm. If the item has been dispatched, you will need to follow the Return policy below and therefore are responsible for covering the cost of returning the item to us.
If for any reason you wish to return a product bought from Dovecot Studios, please notify us, in writing, within 14 days of the delivery date. Please re-wrap the item securely in its original packaging and use insured/registered delivery, keeping the receipt in case of any damage in transit and return to: Dovecot Studios, 10 Infirmary Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1LT.
Items will be refunded or exchanged providing that you did not use the item; it is in the same condition as when you first bought it; and, you have taken reasonable care to ensure that any item is returned to us safely and undamaged.
We are happy to issue a full refund for the product, but unfortunately, we do not reimburse any shipping costs. We aim to process all returns within 1-2 weeks of receiving the item(s) and will send you an e-mail confirmation once we have processed your refund. Please check with your bank as process times may vary.
Terms of Returns
- Dovecot Studios cannot accept liability for goods lost or damaged in transit and is not responsible for returns that do not reach us.
- In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged, please contact us immediately so that we can arrange a replacement. For insurance purposes, we require that you provide photographic evident of the damage and will also require that the damaged goods and original packaging be returned to us before we can ship a replacement to you.
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receiving your items.
- You are responsible for paying to return the item to us, at which point when it is received, we will issue a full refund for the product. After 14 working days, we can no longer accept the return unless your item is faulty, in which case, please let us know within 30 days of receiving the item and we will offer a full refund for the product, a replacement or exchange.
- We also cannot offer a refund for earrings for Health and Safety reasons.
If you have any questions regarding Dovecot Studios On-line Shop, its goods and services, an order that you placed, or if you have any questions regarding anything on our website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 131 550 3660 (Monday-Saturday 09:00-17:30).