Let Edinburgh, one of the world’s great cities, be your style guide for this fantastic prize, an overnight stay in Edinburgh inspired by Morris & Co. Dovecot Studios have teamed up with John Lewis & Partners Edinburgh and Paul Kitching's 21212 for this special competition.
- Two tickets for The Art of Wallpaper – Morris & Co. exhibition at Dovecot Studios
- A luxury overnight stay in a Georgian Town House at Paul Kitching’s 21212
- A 60-min Style Advice session with the home design team at John Lewis & Partners Edinburgh.
Get inspiring ideas for your home styling plans at The Art of Wallpaper – Morris & Co. exhibition at Dovecot Studios; a contemporary centre for art, design and textiles and a world-renowned tapestry studio.
The exhibition will take you through over 130 original wallpaper samples from the Morris & Co. archives. Including works from notable designers of the time and interior layouts, the exhibition will place the visitor into the 19th and 20th-century interiors these wallpapers were made for.
Then let the home design team at John Lewis and Partners, Edinburgh help you bring your home styling ideas to life. A 60-minute style advice session (in person or virtual) will offer inspiration for an area of your home, creating a look that works for you. They will provide digital mood boards and a 3D visualisation of your new space.
Enjoy an overnight stay at Paul Kitching’s 21212. Sitting in a listed Georgian townhouse on Edinburgh’s Royal Terrace and set over four floors, it’s light, spacious and airy. The space is elegant, sumptuously decorated and enjoys commanding views to the Firth of Forth and beyond from the upper-level rooms. Throughout the building, many of the period features have been retained, complemented by contemporary lighting and designer furnishing.
Take the opportunity to visit Paul Kitching’s restaurant, which offers views of the open kitchen. The menu stays true to Paul’s contemporary French cooking style but with a unique approach to his menu combinations
How to Enter
Simply tell us which of the following is a wallpaper pattern designed by William Morris.
- The Alhambra
- Ribbons and Bows
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 24 Feb 2022
Terms and Conditions
- Prize draw is only open to UK residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of Dovecot Studios, 21212 and John Lewis Edinburgh
- To enter, entrants must submit their answer and email address via email@example.com by 23.59 on 24 February 2022.
- The prize is two tickets for The Art of Wallpaper – Morris & Co. exhibition, running Monday-Saturday 28 January to 11 June 2022, a one night stay for two at 21212, Royal Terrace, Edinburgh and a 60-minute style advice session with the John Lewis Edinburgh team (virtually or in-person)
- Booking of 21212 is subject to availability at any given time, Monday-Sunday.
Cancellation policy at 21212:
Cancellation within a week of your arrival date can be accommodated however the rearranged date will then be in line with availability at 21212 and a Saturday may not be offered as the alternative.
- The prize must be booked by the prize winner and taken within the period 28 January – 11 June 2022.
- Winners are responsible for any travel expenses to and from Dovecot Studios, John Lewis Edinburgh and 21212, and any payment over and above the prize as outlined without exception.
- The winner is defined as the owner of the email address from which the winning entry was submitted.
- One winner will be randomly selected on the 15th Dovecot. The winner will be alerted via the email address provided.
- All dates for booking hotel, exhibition visit and Homestyling session are subject to availability on the chosen date.
- We will only use your data for the purposes of adjudicating this competition.
- The prize is not transferable, refundable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative and cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other offers.
- Dovecot Studios reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Dovecot Studios at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- In the event that the prize remains unclaimed for 14 days or more, Dovecot Studios reserves the right to withdraw the prize and offer no substitute.
- The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Dovecot Studios reserves the right to suspend or terminate this promotion, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- By entering, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- Dovecot Studios reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any point during the promotion if circumstances outside its control make this unavoidable. Any amendments will be explained at the top of these terms and conditions.
- Dovecot Studios will collect data for the purposes of administering this promotion.
- Dovecot Studios has arranged this competition in good faith but does not accept liability relating to this prize.