The following Terms and Conditions apply to all usage of the Dovecot Studios website. This website www.dovecotstudios.com is owned and operated by:
Dovecot Studios Ltd
10 Infirmary Street
VAT number 294 8664 43
Registered in Scotland, No. SC214852
Tel: 0131 550 3660
TICKET AND EXHIBITION REFUND POLICY
Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be exchanged unless due to extenuating circumstances.
If you are unable to attend an event please contact Dovecot on 0131 550 3660 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the Front of House Team.
RETAIL RETURNS POLICY
We guarantee to refund any item you are not completely happy with when you return it to us in saleable condition, with all original packaging and labels, within 14 days of purchase and with a valid receipt. Items returned after this time will not be refunded.
Refunds will be credited to your original method of payment.
In the interests of hygiene we do not offer refunds on pierced jewellery or cosmetic products if they have been used or the hygiene seal is broken, unless they are of unsatisfactory quality or unfit for purpose.
All items purchased at SALE price are non-refundable.
Your statutory rights are not affected by our returns policy.
Dovecot is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However if a product is found to be faulty or defective, you may return the item to us within 30 days of purchase for a refund or exchange.
We do not replace items that are damaged due to accident, misuse, neglect or normal wear and tear.
GROUP VISITS AND VENUE HIRE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VENUE HIRE AND RELATED SERVICES AT DOVECOT STUDIOS, 10, INFIRMARY STREET, EDINBURGH EH1 1LT (the ‘Premises’)
Dovecot Studios Ltd (DSL) offer you name of group (The ‘Group’) the specify type of group visit at Dovecot Studios (the ‘Premises’) on date and time (the ‘Event’).
This document lays out the Terms and Conditions applicable to this offer. Details of this event are contained in the Booking Form which is attached to it. These details may be revised by consent of both the Hirer and DSL and if changes are significant a revised Booking Form will be issued.
1. DSL are prepared to offer the above spaces for events within its premises at Dovecot, 10 Infirmary Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1LT. These conditions govern DSL’s entire relationship with any person or entity using part or all of the Premises.
2. The Group will not have the right or the authority to assign, sub-let or further offer for hire the premises to any third party.
3. DSL will, in its sole discretion, designate the space or spaces within the Premises which will be made available to the Group (both for the preparation and for the Event itself).
4. No alterations may be made to the layout or appearance of the Premises without the express approval in writing of DSL. In particular the Group shall ensure that nothing is fixed to the floors, walls, ceilings or any other interior or exterior of the buildings by means of nails, screws, drawing pins, blue tack, glue or any other means.
5. Smoking and the use of naked flames or candles is not permitted within the Premises.
6. The Group shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no damage or injury occurs to the property of DSL (including building and contents) or its employees. In the event of any damage occurring, DSL reserves the right to render the Group liable for the replacement or repair of any or all property damaged. In the event of any member of staff of DSL being injured by the Group, or by anyone attending the function, the Group shall be liable for any claims arising.
7. DSL accepts no responsibility or liability for the theft, loss or damage of any property of the Group guests or any other person connected with the Group. Items left or deposited on the Premises are left or deposited at the owner’s risk.
8. The Hirer shall be liable and shall indemnify DSL in respect of any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred or be done or happen to the Hirer by reason of the Group’s use of the Premises.
9. The Group should satisfy themselves that any sub-contractors to be used by the Group on the Premises (including but not limited to caterers, florists, lighting engineers and photographers) acknowledge that they have their own personal accident and professional indemnity insurance cover for participation in their professional activities.
INVITATIONS, SECURITY AND PUBLICITY
10. The Group will assume responsibility for the organisation and promotion of the Event. All printed material to be produced in connection with the Event, included but not limited to invitations, programmes and posters, shall be subject to DSL’s prior written approval. The Group may not use DSL’s name or in any manner refer to DSL in any advertisements, publicity promotion or otherwise, without DSL’s prior written consent. DSL reserves the right, but with no obligation, to review all promotional and advertising material before publication and to make such changes as DSL deems desirable in its sole discretion.
11. The Group must disclose to DSL the full range of people whom it is intended should attend the Event and the means by which they are to be invited. Under no circumstances may the Event or ticket sales be advertised to the general public without DSL’s written consent.
12. The maximum number of guests who may be admitted to the Event and the times between which the Event shall take place shall be agreed between DSL and the Group at the time of booking and shall not be exceeded without the prior written approval of DSL.
13. The Group will have a full alphabetical list available of persons attending the Event (including their own employees) to conform to DSL’s Emergency Evacuation Procedures. The Group is expected to acquaint themselves with and, in the event of an emergency, conform to the evacuation procedures for the building.
14. A nominated representative(s) of the Group must be present at the entrance to the premises, or the entrance to the space hired, to identify guests.
15. The management reserve the right to insist on the immediate departure of any guest, sub-contractor or members of the Group’s party whose behaviour threatens to harm other persons (including DSL staff) or whose behaviour may give rise to damage to the building or other DSL property.
TIMETABLE FOR EVENTS
16. The timetable for preparations on the Premises should be submitted to and agreed by DSL in writing at least seven (7) days before the date set for the Event. In any event, no preparations by the Hirer shall be permitted prior to the agreed timings, unless otherwise agreed in writing by DSL.
17. All deliveries to and collections from the Premises must be pre-arranged with DSL.
18. After the event the Group must remove from the Premises all litter and anything brought and placed therein by any person, and ensure that the accommodation and access routes are left in a tidy condition to the satisfaction of DSL’s personnel. If the Premises are not left in a tidy condition to the satisfaction of DSL, DSL reserves the right to charge the Hirer for all costs and expenses incurred by DSL in returning the Premises to a satisfactory condition. In such circumstances, DSL will give the Hirer notice of its intentions to charge the Hirer within 2 clear days after the Event.
HIRER’S PERSONNEL, CATERERS AND SUB-CONTRACTORS
19. The choice of any sub-contractors to be used by the Group on the Premises (including but not limited to caterers, florists, lighting engineers and photographers) shall be agreed in advance with DSL. DSL will be pleased to supply a list of sub-contractors that have been used in the past to DSL’s satisfaction.
CATERING DOVECOT CAFÉ BY CAFÉ OPERATOR
20. The Group must confirm catering order including dietary requirements at least one week before the date of the event. Failure to do so may mean no catering can be provided at all.
21. DSL reserves the right to charge the Group for all costs associated with catering if the Group cancels their event less than 7 days in advance of the event.
1. DSL reserves the right to request a deposit room hire fee to be lodged with DSL to confirm the Event is booked.
2. Any balance payment must be made in full by the Group within 14 days of the date requested by us or 14 days prior to the Event, whichever is earlier.
3. Should the Payment Request be outstanding more than 14 days from the date of request or remain outstanding on the date of the event, then DSL may treat the Event as being cancelled by the Hirer and our Cancellation Policy will then be applied.
4. DSL reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% per month above the base rate of the Bank of Scotland from the due date of payment until the date on which the outstanding amount is paid in full.
5. Payments may be made by Cheque or BACS.
6. Should the Group require to cancel the booking with us the following policy will apply:
Date of Cancellation Cancellation charge payable to DSL
More than 28 days before the event no charge
More than 14 days and up to 28 days before the Event 50% of total booking value
14 days or less 100% of total booking value
7. The cancellation charges detailed above are expressed exclusive of any applicable VAT.
8. In the event that the Group cancels a booking that DSL has made on its’ behalf, for entertainment, audio visual equipment, furniture or otherwise, all cancellation charges shall be met by the Group.
9. This agreement is subject to Scottish Law.
DOVECOT STUDIOS 2018